November is Picture Book Month, and we definitely celebrated at our house! My kiddos fell in love with Not Your Typical Dragon and Nerdy Birdy. We will be adding these two hilarious books to our home library. The Tree Lady is a must-read nonfiction picture book. I also highly recommend A Hat for Mrs. Goldman for its wonderful message, and Shy for its gorgeous art.
Visit my January-October posts for Goodreads links to the picture books I’ve read in 2016.
Top 18 picks for November!
1. The Monsters’ Monster by Patrick McDonnell
2. The Sound of Silence by Katrina Goldsaito
3. Dragon Was Terrible by Kelly DiPucchio
4. Goodnight Already! by Jory John
5. Shy by Deborah Freedman
6. A Hat for Mrs. Goldman by Michelle Edwards
7. The Tree Lady by H. Joseph Hopkins
8. Pirasaurs! by Josh Funk
9. Abe Lincoln’s Dream by Lane Smith
10. Samson in the Snow by Philip C. Stead
11. A Family is a Family is a Family by Sara O’Leary
12. Not Your Typical Dragon by Dan Bar-el
13. Nerdy Birdy by Aaron Reynolds
14. Flight School by Lita Judge
15. Mr. Squirrel and the Moon by Sebastian Meschenmoser
16. The Little Gardener by Emily Hughes
17. Just Like Daddy by Ovi Nedelcu
18. Rodeo Red by Maripat Perkins
2 thoughts on “1000 Picture Books in 2016~November”
I have read some of these with my students, we really enjoyed Tree Lady. I wish I had the budget to buy all your recommendations.