The 1000 Picture Books in 2016 Reading Challenge has encouraged me to read a greater variety of picture books. I hadn’t read many wordless picture books or nonfiction picture books until I participated in this challenge. Hooray for reading challenges!
Visit my January-April posts for Goodreads links to the picture books I’ve read so far this year. Here’s my top 15 picks from my May reading list. Happy reading!
Top 15 picks for May!
1. Flora and the Flamingo by Molly Idle
2. Have You Seen Elephant? by David Barrow
3. How to Wash a Woolly Mammoth by Michelle Robinson
4. What to Do If an Elephant Stands on Your Foot by Michelle Robinson
5. Finding Wild by Megan Wagner Lloyd
6. Ollie and Claire by Tiffany Strelitz Haber
7. I Am Otter by Sam Garton
8. Cock-a-Doodle Oops! by Lori Degman
9. Thunder Boy Jr. by Sherman Alexie
10. Snoring Beauty by Sudipta Quallen Bardham
11. The Princess and the Pig by Jonathan Emmett
12. I Need My Monster by Amanda Noll
13. Sidewalk Flowers by JonArno Lawson
14. The Snatchabook by Helen Docherty
15. Infinity and Me by Kate Hosford
13 thoughts on “1000 Picture Books in 2016~May”
Great selection of catchy titles butwhich one to start with? Have you seen elephant sounds like fun.
I haven’t. Thanks for the recommendation! I will add it to my library request list 🙂
Great list! I don’t think I’ve read any of these yet!
Thank you! Happy reading 🙂
How to Wash a Woolly Mammoth is cute! I’ll have to add the others to my list for me and the kids!
Wonderful! Thank you for visiting 🙂